Shop for Video Cell Phones

Monday, January 14, 2008

Getting good Video on my Verizon Samsung SCH U740


I remember a few years back when it was a big deal if a cell phone came with a digital camera. These days, everyone has a digital camera on their phone and everywhere else. Even video capture capability is very common as everyone has digital camcorders as well.

When I got my phone The Samsung SCH-U740 for Verizon I didn't even care about the camera or video features. I got the phone for the convenience of the size and keypad.

But soon I discovered something else I enjoy. My previous phone was several hundred dollars and didn't have any video camera features so I had never had this option on a phone before. While watching my son's baseball game last summer I was still figuring out my phone's features. When I figured out how to take short vids it was pretty cool.

When it really came in handy was for taking short videos of my baby daughter. I was able to take short clips when my daughter reached milestones like rolling over and crawling. I was able to send my mother ( her grandmother) a video clip of her laughing and crawling for the first time!

I think I'll stick with this phone for a long time and make sure all my future phones do video- I'm not sure, maybe they all do anyway? but I thought it was pretty neat.

For more details about the phone I have see: This phone is no longer avilable but you can see other Verizon Phones here Featured Phones for Verizon Wireless

No comments: